GOAL - REACH 5,000 Kms - Walking and Jogging to Fitness!

Sunday, August 28, 2011

Mulling over the NEW me!

For all those lovely wonderful ladies - George toasts YOU!


WOW - and I remember when . . . tipping the scales a hundred pounds ago . . .
Now at 230 or 240 ish - I don't keep tight track of my pounds - only weigh myself once a month - I still have a hard time getting going in the mornings. (My dog Dexter is a great motivator, because whatever the weather is, he still has to pee.)
I had a down month in July. By the end of June I had lost 102 pounds, so I spent all July sort of celebrating.
I didn't even weigh myself in August.
But really you can tell who your real friends are. I spent this last 3 days at my girlfriend's house (painting, moving furniture, etc., etc., etc.) - and she is a master chef.
She built meals for everyone that were healthy and fun, and gave me a plate with smaller portions. I wish I had someone to figure out portions for me at home, she gets IT right. When I have finished that amount I am full.
And Lynda is full of compliments about how much slimmer I look.
She gave me a HUGE bag of clothes (she's French and LOVES fashion) and tells me I will be into them before Christmas, and she can't wait until she sees me in them! This includes about 4 bikinis (really have to mull that concept over) other great tops, jammies that are soft and sweet, one black svelte floor length nightie (va-voom!) and handfuls of cashmere and other very soft sweaters, girly tops, deep V necks (ooh la la!) and great amazing fun and sexy (not fat) clothes.  I feel like a new woman!
I realize I have been wearing 'old lady' clothes for the last 35 years.
Now at 61, I am turning into a hottie!
I walk, gently jog, swim, and try to plan all my activities so I am as physical as possible.
And if I didn't have Spark People motivating me, and great friends like Lynda S. opening my eyes about myself, I never would have made it this far.

Keep Looking UP!
Andrea

1 comment:

  1. Dahlingk,
    I am so happy for you! And I am very glad you have Dexter to motivate you when you don't have motivation. I know what it is like to have no reason to move, or even live.
    Keep on the track you are on. It is the right path. You will not only survive but you will succeed in your goal.
    One foot in front of the other: that is the one simple lesson I failed to learn at an early age that means the difference between success and failure because I was trained very early to never fail, and never make mistakes, but that only leads to defeat. I now know that success is built on the systematic building of one's resources, taking as long as it takes, brick by brick, and never losing sight of what you are truly worth.
    And here is the big one: You are worth a hell of a lot more than you give yourself credit for!
    Another good friend!

    ReplyDelete